"Optimus Markets" has developed a new tool that will help you succeed in trading, especially if you are just getting started and still don’t have the in-depth understanding of the financial market.
Trader's Calculator is a unique tool that can quickly provide you with the important information regarding the deals you intent to make, such as the transaction value, transaction amount, spread, swap, as well as additional fees and profit. You can even calculate several transaction simultaneously to compare prospective positions!
To use the Trader’s Calculator simply fill in the necessary data below:
100 000 USD
How it works
Let’s assume you have a standard account with a leverage of 1:1000. Using the calculator you have calculated the spread, swap, and potential profit for the given position to sell 10 lots in the currency pair EUR/USD.
Let's look at the information provided in the summary table with the calculations based on a hypothetical opening price of 1.16402 and a closing price of 1.12402
- Instrument: EUR/USD. For more information on individual trading instruments, visit "Instruments Specifications" page.
- Price: 1.16402 This is the SELL price. For your convenience, the calculator can convert this amount into your deposit currency showing the exchange rate.
- Transaction Value: 99.50 USD. For more information on individual trading instruments, visit "Instruments Specifications" page.
- Spread (the difference between the Ask and Bid prices): 19.90 USD. Each currency pair has a its own spread. For more information on individual trading instruments, visit "Instruments Specifications" page.
- Swap (the cost of keeping a position open overnight). Depending on the differences between the interest of the currencies you are trading with, this number can be either positive or negative. The calculator displays the current value of the swap automatically.
- Margin, or the minimum amount of disposable capital on your trading account which is required to open a certain position. The calculator reviews the Margin Requirements for each instrument individually.
- Profit. As the position was opened as a SELL order with the expectation that the price would fall, the potential profit is 1,542.25 USD.